Thursday 12 April 2018

A quick review of the new Compact Flash card I recently purchased; the Lexar 128GB 160MB/s 1066x UDMA 7 Professional.


I've so far only used this on the Waxwing in the previous post but the download to PC is mega quick. I usually go with Sandisk, and they are very quick, but the good reviews of this card and it being somewhat cheaper I thought I'd give it a try. My previous largest Compact Flash card is the SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB 160MB/s UDMA 7.

The 80 or so images I took f the Waxwing were at the largest RAW with the Largest JPEG alongside, I find reviewing JPEGS easier than RAW so I have these as well. These 80 images were downloaded in less than 15 seconds so the transfer rate is lightening quick, though must be considered that my laptop is super fast as well with 16GB RAM.

So far I thought this download was the fastest I've had to date and with the new laptop I shouldnt have any of the issues I had last year when I was in Israel when the Old Laptop just couldnt download the extremely large file sizes from a 1DX, Computer Said No.

I look forward to using this card.





No comments:

Post a Comment